Tuesday 26 August 2014

Simple Breakfast/Dessert Recipe - Yoghurt & Granola

One of my favourite things to do is try new, simple recipes! I stress the word 'simple' as I'm useless in the kitchen and still struggle to boil an egg without any help. God knows what I'm going to do when I move out. The other day I thought I'd get a bit creative with my dessert with a bunch of ingredients I found in the kitchen. The end result was a delicious concoction of granola, yoghurt & fruit! I also thought that this would make a great breakfast if you wanted something a bit fancier than your usual toast and porridge. You can also switch up some of the ingredients to your preference.

You will need:
a small glass
granola
yoghurt
blueberries (or other fruit of your choice)

Optional ingredients:
coconut flakes
nuts/seeds


1) Fill the bottom of your glass with granola so that it's completely covered. I used Apple & Cinnamon Crunch Toasted Oats from White's but any granola will do!


2) Next cover the granola with the yoghurt. This layer should be the biggest and should be right in the middle. I'm using a coconut flavoured yoghurt but I also think a vanilla or honey yoghurt would work really well.


3) Finally add your chosen fruit and any other additional ingredients. This time I added blueberries, coconut flakes and chai seeds.



What I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You could eat it for breakfast, as a snack or a dessert. You can change up the flavour of yoghurt and your toppings or even add another layer of granola!
I'd love to know if you guys decide to make this and if you switched up the ingredients or not. Also, let me know if you'd like to see any other simple recipes.

Until next time,
Elijah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment