Saturday 19 July 2014

Kawaii Monthly Review - July '14

Hello everyone.
You may or may not know that I have a slightly odd obsession with Japan. I don't know what it is about the country, but I love everything from the food, the culture and yes, even the anime. I desperately want to visit the country and experience it all for myself. However, while I wait (rather impatiently might I add) for that day to come I have subscribed to a monthly box that contains 5 items STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN in order to satisfy my obsessiveness and I thought I would share it with you guys.

As mentioned above, Kawaii Monthly is a monthly subscription box that is delivered straight to your door and contains five random items from Japan ranging from sweets, beauty products and officially licensed Sanrio and Rilakkuma products. The price is fairly reasonable for what you get each month at £12.60/$18.99 per month.

Earlier this week I received my third box and thought I would post my review on this months products.


Doraemon Leisure Sheet

Doraemon is a manga and anime series. I had heard of it before but haven't actually seen it. However, this mat is super practical especially for these warmer months. I can easily see it being used as a picnic blanket or a table cover. It was thinner than I expected it to be and I feel like it could rip a little too easily. It is waterproof though and the Doraemon icon itself is super cute!


Retro Japanese Sensu

This was by far my favourite product in this months box. This sensu, or a fan to us English speakers, has a beautiful Chrysanthemum design on it with a gorgeous detailing on the wood. I can't see myself using it for its proper purpose considering I live in the UK, but I am planning on using it as a decoration and hanging it on my wall. I like how Kawaii Monthly includes traditional Japanese items alongside the titled 'kawaii' items. 


Puchitto Kudamono Apple

I'm always up for trying new foods from different countries which is why I love how Kawaii Monthly always includes some sort of food product and this month did not disappoint. Not only is the packaging super cute but the sweets themselves are delicious. I'm sometimes a bit wary about Japanese candy as Japan is well known for it's odd flavours (yes, I'm looking at you Baked Potato flavoured Kit Kats), but these sweets were safe with an apple flavour. Both the scent and flavour itself were pretty strong and they reminded me a bit of the Maoam sweets, but with a slightly more foam texture. My mum, sister and brother tried them and they definitely approved! The packet is also resealable which is always beneficial.




Sanrio 3D Deco Stickers

I may be 18 years old and an adult now, but I still love childish things including stickers. So imagine how happy I was to find these in the box! Not only were they 3D but they were Hello Kitty who is my favourite Sanrio character. They are super cute, waterproof and include a velvet textured bow and jewelled heart which I think add a special touch to the stickers. I'm not sure where I'm going to stick them yet, maybe on my 3DS or a notebook or folder. On opening the stickers I discovered that you also received chewing gum with it. I tried a bit of it but it wasn't the best. The flavour was lost quickly and had an unpleasant after-taste.


Cocoon Massage Balls

The final item in the box definitely left me curious. These massage balls are 100% natural and are meant to cleanse your pores and moisturise your skin. Simply soak the cocoon balls in warm water for 5/10 minutes, wash your face, place the cocoon balls onto your fingers and stroke your face with them. I will admit it felt a little weird doing it, but it did leave my face feeling a little smoother. I'm guessing that in the long run you would notice more of a difference. This packet contains four of the cocoon balls and they can be used up to three times.


You can subscribe to Kawaii Monthly HERE!

If you enjoyed this post then I'd love for you to let me know by leaving a comment below. I also thought that I might make these review posts a monthly thing. Let me know if you're subscribed to this or a similar box and have reviewed any of the products. I'd love to read them!

Until next time,
Elijah xo

Follow me on Bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. Elijah!

    I always knew you would be good at a blog and you didn't disappoint me! :D
    You have, however, made me curious and want to order a box for myself haha.
    And yes I agree wholeheartedly that you drink too much caffeine. :P
    And I cant wait till your next post.
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that means a lot! Pretty sure it's not blood that runs through my veins but caffeine aha x

      Delete
    2. You are welcome and I am only telling the truth :) and I can safely say that I am pretty sure of that as well :P
      Keep blogging chick, I luv ya, you are AWESOME :) xxo

      Delete