Monday 8 September 2014

MCM Scotland Comic Con '14

After months of waiting, the weekend of Comic Con finally arrived! It’s safe to say that I was buzzing. This was my first time going to any sort of expo convention so I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I was not disappointed. I didn’t originally plan on blogging the weekend, but after the first day I decided it would be worth taking my camera along on the second day and snapping some pics for you all! 


Unfortunately, I didn't cosplay. I really wish I did though and am planning to next year. On the Saturday I wore the cutest, pinkest and girliest outfit I could put together. I don't get any pictures of it but you can see what I wore here. However, I FINALLY got my hands on an Attack on Titan hoodie on the first day so I wore this bad boy on the Sunday.


I have to admit that I didn't really expect to see that many anime and Japanese related things. I don't know why, but I had this idea that there would be a lot of sci-fi related things more than anything else. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. I swear I began to get heart palpitations when I saw the huge Tokyo Toys pop up at the entrance. SO MUCH ANIME MERCH! I was completely in my element. I also got rather excited over this huge SNK poster.


My favourite stall had to be Tofu Cute. I had browsed their website a few times before but had never actually purchased anything from there. I did however buy a number of things from the stall over the weekend and admittedly most of the pictures I took were of that stall. I seriously wanted to buy everything. It was all just too cute and there was so many Japanese snacks AND SO MUCH POCKY!!!








I seriously thought that by the end of the weekend I’d be bankrupt, but surprisingly I stayed within my set budget of £100. I’m really cautious and picky about what I spend my money on, but I’m really pleased with everything that I bought. I plan on writing a separate Comic Con haul post showing everything that I bought so look out for that over the next few days!

Of course, Comic Con had a number of special guests attending and there was one that I was determined to get a picture with. Hannah from S Club 7. I don't even watch Primeval which was what she was there for. All I cared about was S Club 7. My 4 year old self died when I managed to get a picture with her.



Here are a few more snaps from the day.







I am now eagerly sitting here waiting for the confirmation of next years event. You can 100% guarantee that I'll be there! It's now one of my dreams to go to the one in London and of course, San Diego. I'd love to know if any of you guys have been to a Comic Con event or something similar, and if you cosplayed or not!

Until next time,
Elijah xo


No comments:

Post a Comment