Tuesday 2 September 2014

Monthly Favourites - August '14

Where the hell has August gone?! It's crazy how fast the months are flying by. Before we head into September and the cold weather kicks in, it's time that I share what I've been loving for the past four weeks.

The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter
For about a year now the only lip balm product that I had been using were the Maybelline Baby Lips, but recently I have been cheating on it with this bad boy. Not only does it do wonders for my lips but it smells AMAZING! I am absolutely obsessed with anything coconut flavoured/scented and this product does not disappoint. I know I'm a bit late to the game with these lip butters but I never really ventured into the Body Shop all that often. I also purchased the strawberry lip butter as it was buy one get one half price but I've yet to try it.



Nude T Bar Dolly Shoes from Missguided
These T Bar style shoes have been on the scene for quite a while now but despite desperately wanting a pair I could never quite justify buying them. However, this month I finally caved and I'm so glad that I did. These shoes are just the cutest and are perfect for the transition from summer to autumn. I had originally wanted them in black but unfortunately they didn't have my size so I decided to opt for the nude ones. And did I mention that they were only £19.99? Bargain.



Burgundy Bag from Primark
I've never really been the type of girl to obsess over bags. I'll only really buy one if I need one. However, this month I seemed to fall into the trap of buying a bag that I could easily live without. How did I justify this purchase? It was only £8 and I'm in the process of giving my wardrobe an Autumnal make-over. The bag is a fairly decent size and is able to fit the basic necessitates. It has a gorgeous pattern engraved into it and it also has a pretty pattern on the inside of it too. I can already see this becoming an Autumn staple.



Great Divide by Twin Atlantic
I have had this album on repeat for the past couple of weeks. There isn't a single bad song on it! My favourites on the album are Cell Mate, Actions That Echo and Hold On. I'm seeing them live next month and I seriously cannot wait! If you've never listened to Twin Atlantic and are into alternative rock music then I highly recommend you give them a listen.


[Photo credit]

Yoghurt & Granola
I won't say too much about this month's food favourite as I've already written a post about it. I've made it several times this month and have been mixing the ingredients up. I recently tried it with a summer berry mix and I have to admit, I think I preferred it than with the blueberries which is definitely saying something since blueberries are my absolute fave. If you haven't already, you can check out the recipe here.

And that's us for another month. Feel free to leave a comment below telling me what you've been loving throughout August and if you're excited for the new season. I know I am. Autumn is my favourite time of year alongside Christmas and I am so ready for pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters and Halloween!

Until next time,
Elijah xo

Follow me on Bloglovin'




No comments:

Post a Comment