Thursday 24 July 2014

Sunkissed Summer Tag

Hey everyone.
I recently watched missglamorazzi's Sunkissed Summer Tag video and as I've always been a huge fan of the seasonal tag videos/posts I thought I might answer the questions myself. This tag was created by itsmelexie1 and you can watch Ingrid's (missglamorazzi) video HERE!



1) What is your go-to product for a sunkissed summer glow?
I've got to admit that I don't have many products that give me that 'sunkissed summer glow,' but I have been using the Rimmel London Natural Bronzer quite a lot since the start of the holidays.

2) What book do you recommend for a summer read?
I'm going to be the stereotypical teenage girl now and say any of the books by John Green. Especially some of his more underrated novels such as An Abundance of Katherines and Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Mr Green never fails to disappoint.

3) What's your signature summer scent this year?
I seem to be reaching for Taylor Swift's latest fragrance, Taylor, a lot. This perfume is a lot more sophisticated and grown up than her first two, but it isn't too grown up so that you end up smelling like a woman in her 40's. The staying power of this fragrance is also a lot stronger than the other two.

4) The sun is shining and it's time to get outside! What's your favourite thing to do?
I'm going to be boring and say that I really enjoy just taking a walk. I like to also take my camera with me and take pictures of any flowers I pass. Yes, I'm THAT person.

5) You're on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What's your go-to summer beach food?
I very rarely eat them, but I LOVE donuts. You know the ones I mean. The ones that are freshly made, still warm, covered in sugar and the smell of them is to die for.

6) Sunscreen is always important but it's a must in summer! What's your favourite? (face, body or both)
I don't have a particular favourite. I don't even own a bottle of suncream. I just use the stuff that the rest of my family use.

7) After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
Right now I am addicted to iced tea. I'm not a huge tea drinker, but oh my god, iced tea is just the best! I just take a herbal or fruit tea bag and put it in cold water instead of boiling, add some ice and BOOM you got yourself some iced tea without the added sugar in the shop bought stuff.

8) How do you wear your hair in the summer?
I'm really lazy when it comes to my hair. I'll either have it au natural  (down and wavy) or just tie it up in a ponytail.

9) Must have nail polish for summer 2014?
I bought this nail polish last summer but am obsessed with it again this year. Rimmel London's 60 Second nail polish in the colour Instyle Coral. I think it's just such a gorgeous summery shade and looks great on both fingernails and toenails.

10) Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
Pretty Little Liars. Need I say more?

11) Do you wear foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturiser in the summer?
I usually just stick with my foundation. Either that or I'll just put on a bit of concealer and powder.

12) It's super bright outside! Do you reach for a hat or sunglasses?
Definitely sunglasses. I don't even think I own a hat...

13) What is your summer jam this year?
I am OBSESSED with Tonight (We Live Forever) by Union J. It's such a feel good song and makes me feel really summery. I am also in love with the whole Days Are Gone album by HAIM. Those girls kick some serious butt!

14) Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on that list.
I actually did start writing down a few things that I wanted to do this summer. Whether I actually do them is a different kettle of fish though. I really want to learn Japanese and ace the winged eyeliner look.

15) Bikini, tankini or one piece?
None. I don't really like the beach and I never go swimming.

16) Summer means heat...and sweat! What's your favourite sweatproof product this year?
Gotta love a bit of the ol' deodorant. Usually my deodorants are nothing spectacular but I recently got the Dove Go Fresh deodorant in the scent pomegranate and lemon verbena and it smells AMAZING!

17) Summer wouldn't be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own flavour, what would it be?
Definitely chai tea latte flavour. Oh my god, that would be so good! This has to be a thing, okay. Or a cinnamon apple flavour.

And I now tag everyone that has read this post! I'd love to know what your favourite things are this summer so feel free to leave a comment below or if you write a blog or make videos then post a link and I'll check them out!
Until next time,
Elijah xo

Follow me on Bloglovin'


No comments:

Post a Comment