Monday 27 October 2014

Kawaii Box October '14 Review

Apologies for not getting a post up last week. My college work has been piling up and any free time has been used to catch up on TV shows, anime & YouTube. I know, I know, I'm a bad blogger! But I am back with another subscription box review!

You may remember that in my last review post I mentioned that I was going to change subscription boxes. That I have done and I'm so glad I made the switch. Not only is this box slightly cheaper but I much prefer the contents of Kawaii Box to Kawaii Monthly and feel like it's more worth the money.


I really liked how the box came with a postcard with a handwritten note on it! It wasn't even a photocopy. I feel sorry for the person who had to sit and write each note!


The difference between Kawaii Box and Kawaii Monthly is that this one has a lot more smaller miscellaneous items such as charms and stationary.

The first item was this furry little creature. I think it's meant to be a cat and it's just so soft and cute! There's a little hoop on the top of its head so I'm guessing you're meant to hang it somewhere. I don't really have anywhere to hang it so I've got it sitting on my shelf instead.


Next is this adorable cat sharpener. I never use pencils so I haven't actually tried it out. I get the impression that it might be like those plastic kiddy sharpeners that never work properly, but as I haven't used it I could be wrong. It does make a really cute addition to my desk though!


Pens always seem to disappear in my house so new pens are always welcomed with open arms, especially Hello Kitty pens! It has a little charm on the lid of what I think is meant to be a chocolate bar. Keeping on the topic of sweet treats, there were also these sweetie hair bobbles. They remind me of something I would've worn when I was younger.


This was probably my favourite item in the box. A Korilakkuma charm! I actually have a similar Rilakumma charm that my best friend got me. These charms are squishy and would make good stress balls. But I'd never take my stress out on these cuties!


Just like Kawaii Monthly, there's always a sweet treat included! Like most Japanese confectionery, these chew sweets aren't like your average Starburst or Fruitella. Oh no. The packet describes these sweets as a 'soft yoghurt candy' with small gummy pieces in. I've never been a huge lover of chew sweets, but these are decent. The gummy parts kind of pop out of the soft chewy part as you eat it! I received the grapefruit flavour but there are a number of other flavours available. And can we just appreciate how cute the packaging is?!


Next is this rather colourful flannel/face cloth/whatever you want to call it. It's always useful to have several of these bad boys around the house. I especially like this one as it has a little hook in the corner so you can hang it up instead of just draping it over the side of the bath. In saying that, there's no where around my bath to actually hook it so it'll still end up draped over the side.


This little note card is really handy for birthdays or any other gift giving occasion. Although I am tempted to not use it and just keep it for myself.


Naturally, no 'kawaii' subscription is complete without stickers! The October box came with these cute cupcake stickers. You are never too old for stickers! I also received these 'fashion stickers' which are pink peals that you can use to decorate your phone, iPod, laptop, pretty much anything you like. I'll definitely find a use for the cupcake stickers but as for the pearl stickers I'm not so sure.


And last is this cute pouch that could be used as a make-up bag or pencil case. I have so many of these things that I don't know if I'll put this one to use straight away but it's always useful to have things like this on hand, especially when you're travelling.


If you guys are interested in subscribing to this box yourself, you can do so HERE. It's a must have for any lover of cute things! If you read any of my Kawaii Monthly reviews, which box do you prefer? Feel free to let me know!
Until next time,
Elijah xo

Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment