Wednesday 10 September 2014

MCM Comic Con Haul

In my previous post I mentioned that I was going to write a separate post on what I bought over the two days at Comic Con. I  managed to stay within my budget of £100 with a few pounds to spare! I was seriously surprised at this as I had visions of being completely bankrupt by the end of it. I'm also surprised that I didn't spend it all at once unlike my sister's friend who managed to spend all of her money within the first half hour of both days. Talk about crazy.

My favourite purchase of the whole weekend was definitely this Attack on Titan hoodie. I had actually planned on buying one specifically to wear at Comic Con as I wasn't cosplaying, but that didn't happen. When I saw they were selling these at the Tokyo Toys pop up I just HAD to get one. It's super soft and I pretty much live in it now. These hoodies are usually available to buy at around £35, but Tokyo Toys were selling them at £32 which I think is a reasonable price for a hoodie.


Yes, I may or may not have bought three plushies. I swear I am not 5 years old. It was like plushie heaven! There were so many from Pokemon to Totoro to pretty much every other anime series under the sun. I ended up buying Asuna from Sword Art Online, a mini Mikasa from Attack on Titan and AN ALPACA! I have wanted one of these alpacas for ages and was originally planning on buying one of the full sized ones, but they were a lot more expensive so I just decided to go for one of the smaller ones. She's just too cute!


I also got my hands on some awesome posters! My walls were seriously lacking some anime so I just had to take up on the deal that the stall had going on. If you bought two posters you got another two free. I share a room so I can't really put any huge posters up, but these are the perfect size. I ended up getting Gray and Lucy from Fairy Tail, Mikasa from Attack on Titan and the guys from Free!


I've always loved the idea of blind boxes, but had never came across any that I really liked. That was until my sister's friend found these K-ON! ones. I got Mio in her maid outfit and she's so cute. I think this figure was the 'special item' that is referred to on the back of the box as this one wasn't listed on the box. I seriously couldn't believe my luck! I kinda wish that I bought another one. I also bought the melon flavour Ramune drink. I've wanted to try this for ages! I follow people on Instagram who seem to really love this drink so I am excited to try it and hope it lives up to the hype. 



And of course I just HAD to buy some Japanese snacks. I don't eat chocolate/sweets/biscuits etc. but I always make an exception for Japan. They had so many different types of Pocky. It was so hard not to buy every flavour! I ended up limiting myself to two and decided on the milk flavour and blueberry. I also just had to get these chocolate coffee beans as anything coffee flavoured is my favourite. If you know anything about Japan then you should know that they're well known for their weird and wacky flavours, especially when it comes to Kit Kats. These ones aren't too weird though. I believe the green one is matcha and the pink one is strawberry. They were also selling other flavours such as red bean sandwich, but I wasn't feeling brave enough to try that one.


There were so many things that I wanted to buy and I easily could have spent a lot more. However, I am really happy with everything I bought and feel like the weekend was a complete success. I think I might just start saving up for next year!

Until next time,
Elijah xo

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment