Saturday 20 September 2014

The British Tag

Apologies for posting later in the week than I usually do. Time seems to have just ran away with me over these past few days! I do have a few post ideas lined up for over the next couple of weeks, but for now I thought I'd keep the blog active with a little tag post! I've seen the British tag floating around YouTube over the past few months and thought it'd be quite fun to answer the questions myself. The tag was created by Beautycrush on YouTube and you can watch her video here.

1) How many cups of tea do you have a day? + How many sugars?
Believe it or not the only tea that I actually like are herbal teas. I don't like proper 'British' tea. Yes, I know I'm a complete fail of a Brit. Even though I do like herbal teas, I very rarely drink them. I'm a coffee drinker all the way.

2) Favourite part of your roast?
Yorkshire puddings by far! I'd quite happily eat a whole plate of them.

3) Favourite dunking biscuit?
Since I don't drink tea, I don't dunk any biscuits.

4) Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
This is a hard one. What is considered a quintessentially British pastime? Does watching Doctor Who count? Either way I'm going to say watching Doctor Who.

5) Favourite word?
The world would be a better place if everyone said 'spiffing' more often.

6) Cockney rhyme slang?
Considering I live in Scotland and not London, I'm not really aware of any cockney rhyme slang.

7) Favourite sweet?
I had to really think about this as I don't really eat many sweets and when I do they're usually either American or Japanese. But after careful consideration it has been decided that Parma Violets are the greatest British sweet to ever be invented.

8) What would your pub be called?
Oh god, I have no idea! I'm useless when it comes to thinking up names. It'd probably be something 'Swan.' The Hungry Swan? THE SPIFFING SWAN?! Yes, I'd call my pub The Spiffing Swan.

9) No.1 British person?
This is another one that I really had to think about. Since I'm watching the X Factor right now I'm going to say Simon Cowell. He's the main man.

10) Favourite shop/restaurant?
My favourite restaurant would have to be either Frankie & Benny's or Wagamama. Neither of them sell British food but they're both located in Britain so that counts, right? As for my favourite shop, it would probably have to be Topshop although I can very rarely afford anything full price. I swear most of the clothes I own from Topshop were bought on sale. I know that Topshop is now located in other parts of the world but it was founded in the UK so don't get all up in my grill.

11) What British song pops into your head?
Wannabe by the Spice Girls. Can't get any more British than that.

12) Marmite?
I've never actually tried Marmite. The fear of hating it may or may not be the thing holding me back..

And there it is. The British Tag. I think it's safe to say that I am a disappointment to the British population due to my lack of tea drinking and not even giving the Royal Family a mention. Feel free to leave a comment answering some of these questions yourself or leave any other tag suggestions!

Until next time,
Elijah xo

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment