Friday 26 September 2014

My Nail Polish Collection '14

I will hold my hands up and admit that when it comes to my make-up collection I don't have a huge variety of products. However, two products that I seem to have acquired quite a number of are lipsticks and nail polishes. As I've already shared my lipstick collection with you guys, I thought I might as well give you a little insight on my nail polish collection.



Rimmel London 'I Love Lasting Finish'
I'm not even going to bother hiding the fact that Rimmel is my go to brand for pretty much every make-up product. Can you blame me though? Their products are both affordable and really great quality. So, naturally, most of the nail polish I own is from Rimmel. I own four polishes from the 'I Love Lasting Finish' range. I find that I have to apply at least two coats of the polish but it dries fairly quickly and as the name suggests it does indeed last a good while on the nails (unless you're like me and pick it off two days later). At only £2.99 these are a real bargain.


Rimmel London '60 Seconds'
 Another bargain buy from Rimmel, the '60 Seconds' range are for the people who just don't have the patience to sit around waiting for their nails to dry. Let's face it, does anyone actually enjoy that? Again, I find that I usually have to apply two coats so it usually takes a bit longer than 60 seconds. These polishes also come with a flat brush making application quicker and easier.

L-R: 'Instyle Coral,' 'Too Cool To Tango, 'How Do You Lilac It?', 'Ring A Ring O'Roses'

Rimmel London 'Salon Pro'
This is by far my favourite range of polishes by Rimmel. I'm surprised that I haven't purchased any other colours. I find that one coat of these bad boys is usually enough and they also last really well. They cost slightly more than the other two main nail polish ranges by Rimmel, but they're still affordable! The Salon Pro polishes also have a really good range of colours including darks and pastels. I am in love with the dark green colour. It reminds me of Christmas!

L-R: 'Jazz Funk,' 'Acid House'

Other Rimmel Polishes
Rimmel are always bringing out smaller ranges of polishes. There's never a huge variety of colours with these mini ranges, but there's usually always at least one colour that takes my fancy. Here I have polishes from 'Metal Rush,' 'Space Dust' and my personal favourite, 'Sweetie Crush.' The 'Metal Rush' polish changes colour depending on the light you're in. This one changes from blue to purple to green! The 'Sweetie Crush' and 'Space Dust' polishes are textured. A real must have for any glitter lover. It took me a while to get used to the texture on my nails, but the only negative thing I have to say about these polishes is that they're a total pain to take off.


L-R: 'Royal Blue,' 'Candyfloss Cutie,' 'Aurora'

Barry M
Even though I remain faithful to Rimmel London, I will admit that the Barry M nail polishes are my favourites. One coat is usually always enough, they're super duper affordable and I love the ranges they come out with. My favourite for Autumn/Winter is the 'Matte' range. I adore the Autumnal colours and I am a huge fan of matte polishes and lipsticks. I had seen several other beauty bloggers talk about the 'Gelly Hi-Shine' polishes and I have to say that they completely, 100% live up to the hype that was created around them when they first came out.


L-R:'Blueberry,' 'Crush,' 'Bikini,' 'Caramel,' 'Sugar Apple'

Tanya Burr Cosmetics
Tanya Burr is one of my favourite beauty bloggers & YouTubers so you can imagine my excitement when she launched her range of cosmetics. I still need to get my hands on one of the lip glosses, but I'm the proud owner of two of her nail polishes! These polishes are great quality and last well on the nails. I usually have to apply more than one coat, especially with 'Mini Marshmallows,' but all in all they're great products and I'm super proud of Tanya! She's going to be releasing new products soon and I'm excited to see what she's come up with.

L-R: 'Mini Marshmallows,' 'Little Duck'

Other Polishes
I also have a few polishes from other brands including Max Factor and Orly. The Orly polish was a free gift included with the October issue of Cosmopolitan. The issue is still on sale so if you fancy getting your hands on a sample then there's still time! I haven't worn the Max Factor polishes in a while, but from what I can remember they're both great. As the Orly polish is a nude colour, I had to apply about three coats so that it actually looked as if I had painted nails, but it's a great product and it was free, so I'm not going to complain! I also thought I'd include this dark blue polish from Gold by Giles. I'm not all that familiar with the brand and I can't even remember when and where I bought it. I really do love the colour though and think I may just have to use it again soon!

L-R: 'Sheer Nude,' 'Cool Jade,' 'Ruby Fruit,'
Couldn't find name or link for Gold by Giles polish.

5 gold stars if you reached the end of the post! It was a rather long one. Let me know in the comments of your favourite brand of nail polish and feel free to leave me any suggestions for future posts!
Until next time,
Elijah xo

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment