Monday 10 November 2014

October '14 Favourites

This post is a little overdue but it's here none the less. Part of me is a little upset that October is over but the other part of me is jumping up and down with extreme excitement! The end of October only means one thing. CHRISTMAS IS NEXT MONTH! Yes, yes, yes, I know it's still over a month away but Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year and if it were socially acceptable I would embrace the holiday all year round. Unfortunately, many people would be more than happy to throw a stocking full of coal at me if I did that..

But I am not here to talk about Christmas. The end of the month brings a new batch of favourites and  have a few wonders to share with you!

American Horror Story: Freakshow
Now, I'm not someone who usually gets overly excited about TV shows, but ever since the forth series of AHS was confirmed I have been buzzing! AHS is probably my all-time favourite TV show. Yes, it beats Doctor Who. Just. Five episodes into the series and I am obsessed with it! I would say it's my second favourite series so far after Asylum. I can't wait to see how fucked up this series gets! Tell me I'm not the only one that thinks the more fucked up, the better..


Zoella Beauty Creamy Madly Dreamy Body Lotion
I've been a huge Zoella fan for around two years now, and I can't quite believe the success she's had since. I subscribed to her before she hit 1 million subscribers and now she'll soon be on the verge of hitting 7 million. It's insane! So, you can imagine my excitement when she launched her very own beauty range.  I knew that I had to buy at least one of the items. This body lotion is a dream! I wasn't overly fussed about the scent to begin with as I usually prefer spicier scents like cinnamon and this scent is a lot more fresh, but I've grown to really like it. I'm also in total awe over the packaging.


Etude House Green Tea Cleansing Foam
You may remember a post I made last month about the Etude House products I recently purchased. That post included this very cleansing foam. I love how it lathers up really easily and how it makes your face feel so much more refreshed and clean afterwards! This is the first time I've ever used a cleansing foam as I'm usually really bad with skin care, but I can safely say that this did not disappoint!


Music Favourites
The month of October saw two music favourites. The first is a song that goes by the name of FROOT by Marina & the Diamonds. Marina is my number one favourite artist and I have been waiting on the edge of my seat since the end of the Electra Heart era for new music. I have had this song on repeat and am still not fed up with hearing it! I literally cannot express how excited I am for her upcoming third album. With Electra Heart being one of my favourite albums of all time it will be incredibly difficult for this new album to be AS good but if FROOT is anything to go by, it could be a very close call.


My second music favourite of the month is by none other than Miss Taylor Swift. Her fifth album, 1989, was released towards the end of the month and I am officially obsessed. It's completely different to her previous four albums but is just as good and just as, if not more, catchy. It's not my favourite album of hers (that spot is a tie between Speak Now and Red) but it definitely did not disappoint me in the slightest. My favourite songs would probably have to be Wonderland (which is on the deluxe edition), All You Had To Do Was Stay, Blank Space and How You Get The Girl. And I also feel like I should mention that after almost a six year wait, I will FINALLY be seeing her live in June! It's been a long time coming but I don't doubt that it'll be worth the wait.


I can't quite believe that the next time I write a favourites post we will be in December and the countdown to Christmas will have officially begun. HELLO ADVENT CALENDAR!
Let me know what you've been loving during the month of October or if you've loved any of the same things I have.

Until next time,
Elijah xo

Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment