Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Christmas Tag '14

The festive season is finally upon us and I could not be more excited! I will hold my hands up and admit that I am one of those people who get into the Christmas spirit a bit too early (October isn't TOO early, right?) But now that it's December there is no reason not to embrace the festive season.
So, I'm going to get right into the swing of things by answering a bunch of Christmas related questions. I browsed the Internet for a Christmas Tag and found this post here! What better way to kick off the most wonderful time of the year.



1) What is your favourite Christmas movie/s?
I don't care what anyone says, Elf is the best Christmas film of all time. I'm not a huge film watcher, even when it comes to Christmas time, but you can always guarantee that I'll be watching Elf at least once over the holiday season. It's just hilarious and I am in love with Zooey Deschanel.

2) Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Who in their right mind would open their presents on Christmas Eve?! It HAS to be done on Christmas morning. I know some people get to open one present on Christmas Eve but my parents never allowed us to do that despite the constant begging me and my sister did when we were younger. Although, this year my Mum has decided to start a 'new tradition' by giving us our Christmas pyjamas to open on Christmas Eve so we're able to wear them instead of having us unwrap them on Christmas day itself.

3) Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I don't really have a specific Christmas memory that comes to mind. I'd say my favourite memory is just the whole day itself and all the small family traditions that we have. I'm pretty big on traditions and if any of them are broken I go ballistic!

4) Favourite festive food?
Mr Kipling Winter Warmers are by far my favourite! Warm fruit pies are my favourite type of dessert and these Winter Warms are just bliss, especially the pear, plum & cinnamon ones! Also, just anything that's cinnamon, gingerbread and filled with spicy goodness.

5) Favourite Christmas gift?
I don't really have a favourite Christmas gift of all time. It changes every year. Last year my favourite Christmas gift was my 3DS and the Animal Crossing: New Leaf game and the year before that my favourites was my Moomin plushie and Sylvanian family figures. I am a 5 year old child.

6) Favourite Christmas scent?
The Christmas Cookie Yankee candle. That is all.

7) Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
My family have never really had any Christmas Eve traditions. My own personal tradition is getting too damn excited and not being able to sleep that night! Although, usually there'll be a few Christmas specials on TV that we'll watch.

8) What tops your tree?
A star and sometimes my sister's toy elephant. Don't ask.

9) As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
 I never asked for anything too crazy like a pony or a puppy but every year I would ask for Sylvanian Family figures and Playmobil. Did I ever get them? No. But guess who did. My 8 year old sister has previously received both of these. It's a very sensitive subject in my household. However, a couple of years ago my parents finally got me a set of Sylvanian family figures as a joke. Better late than never I suppose!

10) What's the best part about Christmas for you?
I'd have to say the best part is the whole countdown to it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the day itself and it's my favourite day of the year but after those 24 hours that's it over The three weeks before it are what really make Christmas for me. The excitement, the preparation, counting down each day with your advent calendar, putting the decorations up, EVERYTHING! 

So if you haven't already guessed I am pretty much a Christmas enthusiast!
Feel free to let me know down in the comments what your favourite thing about Christmas is and answer these questions yourself. 

Until next time,
Elijah xo


No comments:

Post a Comment